|Halkidiki, Greece||7 hours||Cruise and Boat Tours|
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY VARIATIONS IN THE PRICES OF SIMILAR EXCURSIONS & ACTIVITIES, OBTAINED TO THE FACT THAT THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED BY DIFFERENT SUB-SUPPLIERS, AND THEY MAY ALSO BE CARRIED OUT ON DIFFERENT DAYS OF THE WEEK.
Mount Athos is the third, eastern, and more magical peninsula of Chalkidiki, which totally belongs to the church community. It is the only place in Greece that is completely devoted to the worship and prayer of God. That’s why it is called in greek Holy Mountain (Agio Oros). Mount Athos is home to 20 monasteries. The natural location of the peninsula is admirable. The Athonite monasteries feature a rich collection of well-preserved artifacts, rare books, ancient documents, and artworks of immense historical value, and Mount Athos has been listed as a World Heritage Site since 1988.
What to expect :
At 9:30 in the morning, the trip begins by sailing from the coasts of Sithonia towards the south of the Athos peninsula. The first monastery that we will meet is the monastery of Saint Paul. Then we will continue sailing north, along the western coasts, admiring 8 more monasteries of significant and extraordinary beauty, till we reach the monastery borders, that separate Mount Athos from the outside world. The next stop will be the traditional village of Ouranopouli, where we will be able to relax by taking a walk, coffee, food, or exploring the sights like the great Agioritikos towel. Our stay there will be for approximately one hour and a half. Finally, we will take the boat and leave for Ormos Panagias port which is our final destination. Our arrival time at the port of Ormos Panagias is estimated at 17:30.
• 8 hours relaxing sailing cruise through the beautiful coasts of Sithonia and the peninsula of Athos
• take a close look at the extraordinary beauty of Mount Athos and its monasteries
• discover the stunning landscape of these UNESCO World Heritage-listed monasteries
• visit the traditional Greek village Ouranoupoli, which means ‘City of Heaven’
• great photo opportunities
• roundtrip cruise tickets
• transfer to/from the departure point
• tour information on the boat in Multi-languages
• all taxes
• food and drinks
• personal expenses
Additional info :
• confirmation will be received within 8 hours of booking, subject to availability
• children must be accompanied by an adult
• children rates apply to ages no more than 12 years old
Voucher info :
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
On the confirmation voucher, there will be complete operator information, including local telephone numbers, maps with the exact departure and arrival time, exact time, and duration.
Cancellation Policy :
If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there will be no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 days, there will be a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within two days, there will be a 100 percent cancellation fee.